13 Strange but Cool Tips for Quick Fashion Fix
Fashion emergency??…. Don’t panic! … be calm .Sometimes we just have those unpredictable moments and it is very true that we’ve all been there. While it may be very tempting to throw away broken, stained, ripped items and purchase the new ones, but if you are resourceful then there are many quick fixes which will make your clothes or items look good as new and that too for very cheap. Always keep some emergency kit handy which may contain safety pins, super glue, needle, thread, clear nail paint, markers toothpaste etc. Below are some best tips to gracefully tackle even annoying fashion emergencies.
- Found oily stain on your cloth? No issue , Just add some baby powder on these oil stains keep it overnight and watch it disappeared by next morning. You spilled on yourself?… Not an issue, the white vinegar can attack almost anything including tea, coffee, grease, wine, ink etc. Just apply some vinegar on the stained area. Let it soak a few minutes then wash it out. In case of heavy blotting, blood / red wine stains Club soda is a quickly available fix.
- Feeling ashamed in public due to sweat stains?… Just spray some lemon juice before washing the clothes. You can use cotton underarm shield to protect your favorite dresses from sweat stains.
- Stuck Zipper: One of the common issues. Here just don’t try to force the zipper, instead the trick is just apply some candle wax or some soap with cotton swap then gently move the zip back-froth.
- Broken show heel? Not a problem. The superglue can quickly fix this problem. If your heels comes off on your way to a office or it is about to break then first try to align it in its original position as best as you can, apply super glue and then apply pressure for 2-3 minutes to ensure it will stay. You can also buy some shoe glue which are waterproof, permanent and even binds leather to leather.
- We all love sneakers but after some time they tend to be dull. Give them a new life by just washing them thoroughly with baking soda, toothbrush & detergent.
- Stop fading of jeans by adding some distilled vinegar during the last washing of jeans..
- Got a new shoes but there is always a chance of biting new shoes.. So the solution is to make them little bit stretched. So to do it just put a bag of water in new shoes and leave them in a freezer overnight. See the effect next morning. You should also carry pair of band aids with you as 80% of time people get blisters. But if you can’t find the band aid at emergency just try a piece of tape (thicker the better) over the affected area.
- Make your leather last longer. Protect it from minor stains using waterproofing leather shoe products. You can also use cold cream for leather. Rub some cream on leather then wipe off excess with tissue paper or cloth. You can darken your leather by using cloth dipped in ammonia. Apply evenly to avoid any linings.
- Instant shoe- shine: Take 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Use this solution to remove salt stains. You can also use nail-polish remover to remove grease and tar stains from shoes. Scuff marks can be covered with matching acrylic paints, crayons just as typewriter uses correction fluid.
- You got Gum on your dress: Nothing is as annoying as seeing a gum on your clothes. But here is a quick fix. Just firmly apply a sellotape /duct tape on the gum covered area and lift off.(Repeat the action if necessary). You can also use hairspray. Just apply hairspray on the gum. It will harden the gum and then you can easily scrape it off.
- You find hole in your stocking : In such issue the clear nail polish is a great emergency fix. Just apply some clear nail polish on either end of the run in your hose just to avoid it becoming bigger. A spritzs of hair spray can also do the trick.
- Lost back of your earrings: Just grab a pencil having eraser on it. Take out some amount of eraser from it . It works great as a back of earring and also irritation free.
- Fuzzy sweater: It’s very hard to just discard our favorite sweater just for some little fuzz balls. But at the same time no one likes to remove it one by one .So the simple solution is use your razor and gently shave the bubbled fuzzy area. It’s Done!