16 Success Tips for Small Business Advertisement
In today’s intensely competitive market you have to compete with several other players. You need to find out some interesting and innovative ways to advertise your business to get the best ROI of advertising investment. Large businesses have almost unlimited sources and money to invest in advertisement but small business on other hand are limited in the amount of money they have for advertisement.
Advertising is a critical business function and even more for the small business. It is very important for any business be it small or big to understand the basics of advertisement. Poor response for your advertisement is not the medium’s fault but it may be the message. Any advertising needs proper planning, testing and constant exposure to have great impact on your small business. Finding the best advertising methods for your business need some experimentation and may vary according to your products or services. All business owners should balance budget and growth. If they are done properly then small business advertisement can become a sure shot winning strategy. Ideally 5%-10% of the budget should be allocated to advertisement only. Follow these simple low-cost marketing tactics for small business advertising success.
- Effective Headline: Use simple one line message. Your business advertising needs to quickly communicate its message in 2-3 seconds. So it should be small, simple and to the point. Make the headlines so effective that it should create an emotional connect with the potential customers that makes them to go through your ad contents. Always remember the great ads begin with great opening lines, so pay attention to your FMI (First mental image). The FMI of your ad is the first thing your potential customer will “see” clearly in his mind.
- Create Curiosity: Don’t put your all product details in advertisement. Successful ad is the ad which can create curiosity among its customer. It should make customers want to know more about the product. The potential customer sees an ad and contacts company for further information.
- Focus on Target Audience/Customer: Always make ads which focuses target audience properly and effectively. It should reach the target customer effectively.
- Be Easily Accessible: Be it any type of advertisement your all business contact details should be available properly. Mention your phone number, fax number, E-mail address, company address, website URL properly in ad placed in single brochure, email, company documents etc. This is simple but the most important thing in advertisement.
- Always be Credible: Always make real and credible claims in your advertisement. If your customer can not connect to the message and feels it is wrong one then it would be waste of ad money. Such wastage cannot be afforded in small business.
- Test Everything Before Finalizing: Small business cannot afford to waste money and resources in advertisement which is not properly tested. Evaluate your advertisement in all respect be it time, placement or headline of your ad. All you need is a website, a little creativity, a little time and you too can advertise your way to success. You can also take review from customer for some week to improve it.
- Business Cards: One of the business essentials. Always carry business cards. You never know when you need to hand it out to others.
- Use Social Media: Facebook, Google+, Twitter can be a great way to connect with current and potential customers. But be cautious while using this media as an advertising medium because social media alone can’t produce sale. It should also go along with traditional advertising tools which still produces good results. Devote some fixed regular time to interact with clients/customers to enhance productivity and strengthen the relationships. Ezines or Electronic magazines are good place to advertise your business. On Internet you can get lot of ezines to put your ad in, sometimes for free or sometimes with some fee for placing the ad in best location. You can also advertise in ‘free classifieds’. You can also create a blog which will give deep insight into benefits of your product and business.
Pages: 1 2