32 Super Handy Kitchen Tips
Nowadays learning to cook is essential for everyone as we may have to move out to new city for work. Cooking is fun but sometimes it may become intimidating specially for bachelors who have never cooked any food earlier. So here are some handy useful kitchen tips for cooking, cleaning, preserving foods. These tips will make you to cook at ease and will make cooking interesting too.
- Freeze leftover sauce in Ice-cube trays. Theses cubes can be reheated later whenever you need a quick sauce.
- If you accidently over-salt a dish while it is still cooking, just peel a potato and drop it in the dish. It will absorb all the excess salt quickly.
- Add a pinch of turmeric and a small teaspoon of ghee to dal before pressure cooking. This will give a better flavor to your regular dal.
- Keep ice cream box in a zip lock freezer bag and then place this bag in a freezer . This will keep the ice-cream soft forever.
- Add pinch of soda bicarbonate to the water while boiling green peas or any other green vegetables. It will help to retain the bright green color and also boils faster.
- To remove burned food easily from the pan, just add few drops of dish soap and enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and bring it to boil.
- For best baking result leave butter and eggs at room temperature overnight.
- Stop potatoes from budding by adding an apple to the bag of potatoes.
- Don’t keep onions and potatoes together as this will spoil the potatoes sooner.
- For quickly bringing the butter at room temperature, just fill a glass with hot water. Let it sit for few seconds. Empty the water and place the glass upside down over the amount of butter required for the recipe. Wait for 1-2 minutes. Now butter is ready to use!
- Soak almonds in hot water for 20 minutes to easily remove their skin.
- Always use wooden or glass chopping board. As in case of plastic chopping boards it is possible that some plastic particles may get added to food. Also wooden board prevents knife from blunting.
- Store celery , coriander in aluminum foil and then keep it in fridge to keep it fresh.
- Put 4-5 cloves in sugar container to keep ants at bay.
- Always keep some boric powder in kitchen. Spread some boric powder in the kitchen corners to keep your kitchen cockroach free.
- To keep chilies fresh for longer remove their stem before refrigerating it.